Monday, November 2, 2020

CVS - 11/1/2020 purchase details

I thought I would take you step-by-step through the purchases I made Sunday, 11/1/2020 and I will detail how & why I did what I did. I made four separate purchases so that I could "roll my ECBs" ... what this means is that I used the ECBs from the first purchase to help pay for the second, then used the ECBs from the second purchase to help pay for the third and so on.


First purchase: 

There was a Spend $30, get $10 ECB offer. This week, I worked on replacing some old makeup and also buying some fresh skin care items. So, I bought two L'oreal moisturizers, retails $20.99 each. I usually try to spend the least amount I can, so just the $30, but I had a specific product I was wanting.

The CVS app gave me two $5 off L'oreal moisturizer coupons plus $5 off $30 facial care. Then I used my $3 and $6 ECB. Finally, because this was my FIRST purchase, any % off coupons available to me pop up in the computer for me to use. CVS applies ALL coupons and ECBs first and then applies the % off coupons to the amount leftover. 

Now, I'm pretty sure that I do NOT have to choose to use them on the first purchase because the week before, I used it on my 3rd purchase. However, yesterday's cashier told me I had to use both of them even when I told him I wanted to save the 25% off for the next purchase. I am going to check on this when I go back next week. I have learned that, sometimes, you have to find out the schedule of your favorite cashiers and make your purchases when they are working to make sure you get the best deals you can. It actually worked out to use the 25% off on this purchase as it was my biggest one of the four.

BOTTOM LINE: I spent $14.59 and earned a $10 ECB, so $4.59 out-of-pocket (OOP)


Second purchase: I now have a $10 ECB. Almay was Spend $12, earn $6 and Covergirl was Spend $15, earn $6. I splurged a little and bought a nice Covergirl eyeshadow kit so my retail was $21.48. Almay's retail was $12.98 so much closer to the minimum I had to spend.
Then I had TWO $2 Covergirl coupons, a CVS app $5 off Almay cosmetics, CVS app $4 off $12 cosmetics and my $10 ECB. 

BOTTOM LINE: Spend $13.26 and earned TWO $6 ECBs, so OOP was $1.26


The $4 off nail, cosmetics, etc. coupon was sent to my email/text and I clicked on the link to add it to my card for use this week. The screenshot below confirms that it is now on my card for use. Coupons like this only become available to you if you sign up for ALL forms of communication - email, text and mail. 


Third purchase: Revlon had a Spend $12, earn $4 ECB. 

BOTTOM LINE; You can see that the blush I bought was $12.49 and I used the two $6 ECBs leaving my OOP $1.71


Fourth Purchase: Wet 'n Wild had a Spend $10, get $5 ECB. I had a 40% off Wet 'n Wild coupon. Again, CVS deducts the ECB first and then applies the % off. So, retail was $10.47 - $4 leaves $6.47. Then 40% off $6.47 leaves $3.88+tax left to pay. 

BOTTOM LINE: I paid $4.65 OOP and earned a $5 ECB to spend next time.



After I got home from making my purchases, I had received an email sharing more offers for the week. Some of these offers were NOT in the weekly circular so it's like getting a secret notice of some special offers! One thing I have learned is that the more you shop at CVS, the more CVS coupons will add to your app for your use. It pays to shop their fairly regularly!

I hope this has helped you understand how to make the most of the money you have to spend. The retail for all of these items was $109 and I spent just over $34 on EVERYTHING. I couldn't spend this little even if I went to Wal-Mart and paid their retail prices. I'll share a few more posts like this so you can get a bit more experience in "rolling" your ECBs.

No comments:

Post a Comment