Monday, November 2, 2020

CVS - 10/25/2020 purchase details

Here is the breakdown of a multi-purchase shopping trip that I recently made. You can see another example of how I "rolled my ECBs" in this post. Total RETAIL price with tax and without sale prices for all of the items below was $112. After sale prices, the total price would be $89. I spent $18.07 including taxes ... can you believe it?

First purchase: This deal was for a Gold Bond Spend $20, get $10 ECB. I had two coupons worth $4.50 total plus I used the $15 ECB that I had earned the previous week to pay the rest. 

BOTTOM LINE: I spent $1.84 out-of-pocket (OOP) and earned $10 ECB. This is called a "moneymaker" deal because I earned an ECB that was worth a lot more than I spent OOP.


Second purchase: This purchase included a Covergirl Buy 2/$14, get $7 ECB for which I had two $3 coupons plus I purchased a set of razors because I had coupons and an ECB which was going to cover the rest of the cost. In this case of the razors, I had a manufacturer coupon AND a CVS coupon - you can use multiple coupons for one item at CVS. You'll see this again in the fourth purchase. Also note that the previous $10 ECB I earned was lowered to $9.99 because that was the amount left to pay after all coupons were applied.

BOTTOM LINE: Again, this purchase was a "moneymaker" because I paid only taxes and earned a $7 ECB.


Third purchase: This purchase was Covergirl Buy 2 items, earn a $7 ECB. I had two Covergirl coupons. Then the $7 ECB from the previous purchase was applied. At this point, the cashier asked me if I wanted to use my 40% off one item CVS coupon. I had never used one before and had forgotten I had it saved to my card. 

BOTTOM LINE: I spent $6.10 OOP and earned $7 ECB so this was a small moneymaker.


Fourth purchase: Purchases here included two Beauty 360 (CVS brand) items and one Oral B 2-pack toothbrush (two coupons totaling $4, one manufacturer and one from CVS). I had two CVS coupons for the Beauty 360 items. I also had received by text a CVS coupon for a FREE pack of batteries, but the cashier forgot to apply it. So, he refunded me the money afterwards. 

BOTTOM LINE: After the refund, I spent $6.63 OOP and earned a $3 ECB to use next week.



This was a good day for deals at CVS!


No comments:

Post a Comment