Monday, November 2, 2020

CVS - 10/21/2020 Deal (multiple items in one purchase)

To learn how to get started saving money while shopping at CVS, please check out these posts first: First Steps and Second Steps.

This deal is different from the other two purchases that I have detailed here (10/25/2020 and 11/1/2020). I decided to buy ALL of my items at one time using coupons and ECBs to help lower the price to a reasonable amount that I was willing to pay. The TOTAL retail value of all these items was over $58. I spent $14 OOP and earned a $15 ECB, so this was a small moneymaker. However, because I am a Beauty Club member, I earned a $6 ECB for my purchases making my total "earnings" $21 in ECBs to use the following week.

I'll break down this purchase below the picture. I started the purchase with $10 in ECBs plus my monthly $10 Carepass ECB (total $20) in my hand.

CVS sent me an email coupon for the Pantene condition making it $2.97. I also had a CVS coupon taking an additional 25% off. So, note that I can use MULTIPLE coupons for one item!

There was a great deal on certain skin care items - Spend $35, get a $15 ECB - and I had LOTS of coupons to make this deal even better! I bought $42 worth of soap to donate to my local youth shelter. I used a $6 off $30 CVS coupon and several other CVS coupons to help pay for the soap and Beauty 360 body wash. My CVS Carepass membership took an additional 20% off of these CVS brand items.

My total due was $13.09 but I rounded up to $14 for the Feed American campaign. My husband was with me when I did this deal and amazed at what I actually paid for all of these items! The thing to take away from this deal is just how many coupons that you can use in ONE purchase to help lower the amount you pay OOP.


No comments:

Post a Comment