Monday, January 9, 2017

Lists

Monday is my favorite day of the week. The normal routine has begun again and so I usually spend the day making lists - goals for the week, errands to run, chores to complete, appointments to make, phone calls to return, etc. Jim and I enjoyed a fairly quiet, cozy weekend due to the four inches of snow we received overnight Friday, so today it was time to look ahead and get down to work.

The kitchen got a good cleaning and decluttering. I cleaned out a closet and inventoried our hygiene stash. I did some work on the checkbook and added some items to my price book. Some magazines finally got the run-through and put into a pile to take to a local doctor's office for their waiting room. Well, you get the idea!

We played Cards Against Humanity last night as a family and we had a great time. I was the winner, too, which actually means that I am very good at being inappropriate and off-color! The game ended at almost 6pm and my plans for dinner had to change because of the lateness. How nice it was to whip one of the Paleo cookbooks off the shelf and quickly prepare a healthy, tasty meal in about 30 minutes. I am so happy to have invested in a bunch of Paleo cookbooks as we all are enjoying the recipes immensely. I'm doing pretty well with my quest to eat better. My sugar cravings aren't too bad, but I made a pan of brownies for dinner tonight. I've gotta work on the drinking water thingy ... bleh. I just don't like water!

I bought one of those ebook bundles last year and I have a course waiting for me to take at Vintage Remedies called "Herbs & Oils - Beyond the Basics" and I believe that I will begin that sometime this week. If I can get motivated this year, I only have to write a research paper on some aspect of aromatherapy and then I could gain my certification in that from Aromahead Institute. I am going to be going through the material again and finish a few classes that I never started in order to learn how to make items for gift-giving. I love diffusing essential oils in my home as they are so much fresher smelling than heavy candles or plug-ins.

I read a wonderfully interesting book on Saturday called The Dirty Life by Kristin Kimball. In it, she describes how she came to fall in love with a man who wanted to run an organic farm without much mechanization. I was totally fascinated and read the entire book in one day. Their farm is at Essex Farm CSA and Kristin has a fantastic website where she shares her experiences living the dirty life. I would love to own some acreage and produce my own food, but that isn't something we can do right now.

I still haven't started my CAL blanket, but it's mostly because the medicine I was taking for my bronchitis made my head a bit wonky. I found it difficult to concentrate on my last week. I still felt a bit bleh this morning, so decided to put it off one more day. It's not like it's going anywhere and I can catch up any time as needed.

Guess that is all for now. I have many, many thoughts in my head today. I'm pretty sure that I have undiagnosed ADD which also makes sense in that I procrastinate and then, once I do get something started, I may or may not finish the task at hand ... sigh ...

No comments:

Post a Comment